When a kitchen remodel wins not one, but TWO awards for Best Residential Kitchen, you know it must be something special. Gallagher Remodeling was first awarded Contractor of the Year (CotY) recognition for Best Residential Kitchen from the Eastern Massachusetts Chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (EM NARI) and now they have gone on to win for Best Residential Kitchen for the entire Northeast Region.
The homeowners had desired a new, expanded kitchen to accommodate their family of five. They wanted the design to include modern amenities, while maintaining the classic integrity of their older home. Rather than look like an “addition,” the goal was to ensure that the new kitchen was an extension of their home and busy, family-oriented, lifestyle.
Highlights of the project include:
- An eye-catching backsplash features hand painted Mediterranean tile.
- A 9′ bay window adds natural light and a grand view of the back yard.
- A large island with a solid walnut countertop provides an area for the kids to do homework and be out of the way of the prep area.
- Custom cabinets, quartz countertops, Sub Zero refrigerator and Jenn Air warming drawer and speed oven give the kitchen a classic look with modern amenities.
- Moving the back wall to expand the kitchen required that the garage underneath be extended. Additionally, a recessed beam had to be incorporated to accommodate the large opening.
The kitchen was just the latest renovation that Gallagher Remodeling completed with these repeat clients. Previously, the homeowners had worked with Roger Gallagher to convert their attic into bedroom and bathroom space for their children. Next, they remodeled their basement, bathroom and mudroom. Finally, they moved on their biggest challenge: the kitchen, dining room and sun room.